A day in the life and home of a child living in informal settlement

Hello, I’m Layla Jones
 and this is a day in my life living in a informal settlement. So this morning I woke up with my baby brother screaming and my mom stressing I wish this wasn’t always the case I have to deal with in the morning. It’s stressful and it puts a lot of pressure on me. I really want to help my mother but I can’t because my mother says no. If only my mother has all the supplies she needs for the baby. The whole family has to share a bed and it’s not very nice waking up to my brother crying so loudly.  With no breakfast I walked to school and my feet really hurt when I got there I had blisters and muscle strain. I couldn’t even walk out the door for girls soccer at break but my friends were amazing. after soccer we talked a little bit and did “The English and the french “with everyone it was fun but we lost. There was also a child that had to be rushed to hospital because he got cut really badly playing the the rubbish.After that we did math on our chalkboards. I got all mine right, but it was really hard. After that it was home time, when I got home I was really hungry so I looked in the cupboard and there was nothing. I did my homework under the street lamp and not long after it got really really really dark.  I couldn’t even find my way home I forgot the directions too ,I saw a man on the street taking a walking with his daughter I was really confused because why a man would go walking with his daughter in the middle of the night. I felt really confused I had the thought in my head of asking him “ could you help me through the dark to get to my house “ but then I thought no rather not his daughter looked really scared and hungry so I rather left them alone to go home and eat /sleep. Then after that I found my way home went to bed and the whole day repeated.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The experience I want to forget

Grade 5 Experiences and happy Memories so far